Fitness Bootcamps are All the Rage - Top Reasons to Give One a Try
Brian Calkins - NSCA-CPT, ACE | Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you tired of the same old fitness routine? Do you need a jump start to your fitness and weight loss efforts? Are you looking to add some fun to your life while you get fit? If so, a fitness boot camp just might be for you.
One of the biggest trends in the fitness industry over the past few years, there are now several boot camps available in Cincinnati. Below are the top reasons to give one a try:
- Workout accountability works wonders for your workout success.
- Group sessions offer a great deal of accomplishment because they are shared experiences to help motivate you to continue your attendance and stick to the workout program.
- Getting outdoors is a fresh approach to strengthening, conditioning & toning your muscles, so you get a whole new perspective on workouts as well as tons of fresh air.
- Boot camp allows you access to ever changing training routines that incorporate resistance training, cardiovascular exercise, yoga, palates, obstacle courses, functional and core training and lots of fun.
- You don’t have to be in great shape to start. A well organized and facilitated boot camp will offer modifications to accommodate fitness levels ranging from a 1-10. And soon enough a rookie will become a seasoned veteran!
- Many boot camps do not require a membership, you sign up for the boot camp and you enjoy the benefits.
- If you join an early morning boot camp, your workout is done before the day gets started. You've burned more calories than your friends will all day long!
- Within 4 weeks you can transform your health, fitness, energy and even lose stubborn pounds.
- When you work out first thing in the morning you tend to eat healthier the rest of the day - this will help you on your path to success.
- You can take your friends with you to boot camp which adds a lot of fun to the workout. Imagine the time spent together with a friend or loved one getting fit, enhancing your health and energy – its win/win!
- Boot camp can help you rediscover more about you - because when you're working out at boot camp it's not about your makeup, hairstyle or your clothes - it's about you - and I think you'll find that you love what you discover about yourself.
Boot camps come in all different shapes and sizes, just like the people who attend them. Do your homework before making a decision on which camp is best for you. Ask for a free pass to try out the camp to determine if it’s a good fit. Your boot camp instructor should have plenty of experience working with groups as well as a wide range of participants. Both sound nutrition and a pre and post boot camp evaluation and screening should be offered as part of the admission to camp. Some camps even cater to specific groups, like women only. For a list of local fitness boot camps, visit: www.CincyBootCamp.com.
If you prefer a smaller sized boot camp, visit www.TotalFitnessMakeover.com
Okay, now get out there and have some heart pounding boot camp fun!
Note from Brian on Adventure Boot Camp for Women:
If you are ready to reclaim your body, have your energy skyrocket, tighten up the any flabby area’s and feel fantastic, today is your lucky day as registration is underway for the next Adventure fitness boot camp in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Now enlisting in boot camp may sound a little frightening, but I promise you, it’s completely the opposite. Yes you will work hard, yes you will sweat and yes you will be held accountable, however it’s all done in a supportive and empowering environment with other women who desire to look and feel great. There will be hard work, but there will also be the greatest feeling of accomplishment when complete each successive camp session and notice your energy and body changes.
Adventure Boot Camp is transforming the lives of women throughout greater Cincinnati. Since launching in March of 2007, 4550 pounds of fat have been lost among all of the participants. The average person is losing 6 - 10 pounds a camp and some over that. They are also losing 1 – 3 inches off of their waist, but the effects go way beyond that.
By week four of camp I see such significant improvements in speed, strength, stamina, and flexibility! I would like to call it amazing but really it isn’t. Is a formula that works every time. What’s amazing is your body and how you adapt to change – positive or negative. At any time our bodies can improve or decline. The choice is ours every day.
Let’s face it everyone wants to look great in their clothing and have unlimited energy. With the new season upon us should come renewed motivation and commitment to your health, fitness and well being. We tend to put our fitness to the bottom of the priority list, however when placed at the top, the rest of the list is much more manageable and enjoyable.
There are 2 different options available for boot camp. Ideally the camp is designed to be 5 days a week for 4 weeks to get the most significant results. Then there is also a 3-Day per week camp option. You have flexibility with the 3 days to use your 12 sessions however it best fits your schedule throughout the 4 weeks.
I invite you to join me and the incredible group of supportive ladies who are committed to living longer, stronger, more energetic and outstanding years. Don’t let another day, month or worse, years slip away where you are wishing to get fit and healthy. The opportunity is here and the time is now.
In 4 weeks of boot camp, incredible results are possible. You can expect to loss inches, improve posture, reduce pain, have an uplifted attitude, make nourishing food choices as well as enjoy wearing the skinny clothes in your closet. I invite you to read the testimonials from women who lives are forever changed in far reaching and positive ways.
I am always just a phone call or e-mail away - 513-407-4665, ext 105 or Brian@HealthStyleFitness.com